Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Inside the Jimmy Choo Sample Sale

The Jimmy Choo sample sale kicked off early this morning to VIPs and press. The scene inside was quiet but there was a line growing outside that spanned almost a full avenue. We suggest you read below if you're contemplating spending the day standing on 18th Street.






Prices start at $200 for basic style shoes, booties are $325 and boots are $375. Generally speaking, that's an attractive discount. We do, however, have a problem with the way the merchandise is treated. Shoes are piled high and thrown all over the floor. How can a brand expect shoppers to respect and value the merchandise if it's treated like garbage? In this environment, it's hard to motivate yourself to even spend $200.

During past sales, customers complained that lots of shoes were damaged and worn. We did not see damages as huge problem. Inside the shoppers will find men's and women's shoes, handbags, small leather goods, glasses and other accessories. You can click here to see pictures and the full price list. Sizes were available from 34 to 41 and the selection included pumps, flats, sandals, boots, booties, sneakers, sparkly heels, and lots more.

Bags are divided by size among several tables. Evening bags are $350, small bags are $250, medium sizes are $350 and large bags are $450. Exotic bags are an extra $200. In addition to bags, there were tables of wallets, leather accessories, glasses and scarves. Prices start at $100 for wallets and small leather goods, scarves are $75 and belts are $50.

If you aren't a die-hard Jimmy Choo fan, we suggest you take the afternoon to stroll around the village and the farmers markets and go back before the sale ends. We are told there will be restocking and during past sales prices were reduced to just $100 for shoes.

Jimmy Choo Sample Sale
Tuesday, May 16 through Thursday, May 18
Tues 11am-7pm, Wed 8am-7pm, Thurs 8am-6pm
RSVP Link Password: lance
The Metropolitan Pavillion: 123 West 18th St.



































15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

Is it worth going later today or should I wait until tomorrow morning? I have the general admission ticket. Will that work tomorrow as well.

Lila Delilah said...

Hi. General admission will work on any of the sale days. I would personally wait until tomorrow the earliest. The line was huge.

Nomad said...

Hi all,

I just went to the sale today around 4pm , no line at all. But the description in this post is
accurate: while there are decent styles to choose from and plenty for each sizes (35-42?), the shoes are not in good shapes. You will find better maintained ones at consignment stores. Yes, it is cheap compared to original price. But from a dollar/quality perspective, it is most certainly not. Unless you are a hard core JC fan, don't waste your time.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lila and Nomad; the sale was a disappointment compared to years past. The shoes were being treated poorly and I kind of felt sad about how they were being thrown all over the place.

Liane Pamuspusan said...

I went today at 2 diff times today. First was at lunch - didn't bother because the line was so long. Second was at 5p and it was a short line. I didn't have to wait too long to be let in.

I agree with Nomad - shoes were all over the place and were just being thrown around. For a luxury brand, it's sad that they hold their sample sale this way. Yes, the goods are offered at a somewhat reasonable price than orig. value, but still they should do better.

IMO, the shoes, or at least the ones I tried, are not in bad shape. There are a few that looked like it was worn for a while because the soles were really scratched up.

I came out with 2 pairs - my first ones from Jimmy Choo - a bootie orig. price $1950 and flats orig. price $595. However, the flats were different sizes (37 & 37.5), they fit so not a huge deal for me. I tried to look if there was another pair, but no luck. I reckon this is not the only pair with this type of error, so triple check the merch before checkout. Overall great value, >75% off retail. I could've opt out of buying till last day to get more discount, but I didn't see multiples of the ones I bought.

Lila Delilah said...

Thank you Nomad and Liane.
Thank you so much for adding your insight. I am so glad that you had the same experience. It's hard to write a review that's not completely favorable. I just have too much respect and love for fashion to see it treated that way.
I might be willing to dig on the floor if the shoes were $25 but the whole ambiance was not conducive to much shopping. Lets see if there are more reductions....

Xxoo

Heather Cannady said...

Are they sharpie striking the interior tag? I had a sweet gal a few years ago simply and cleanly fill in the Os but I hate that generally.

Lila Delilah said...

I think they are okay with just filling in the Os. I didn't buy anything so I'm not exactly sure of the checkout process.

XX

Brielle Minutillo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Agree with your post entirely and worst part was alot of shoes were damaged because of the wire wrap. Weren't worth discounted price at all..

Lila Delilah said...

Do you mind sharing the discounted price? Thank you !

Brielle Minutillo said...

Sorry, I don't know the prices, I was asking how much it is with the new markdowns. I was curious if it worth taking the trip down

Lila Delilah said...

Ahhhh. Everyone is wondering the same thing!

Brielle Minutillo said...

Okay I got it so the markdowns are $100 for green and pink zip tags. $150 for orange, $200 for boots. My friend went.

Lila Delilah said...

Thank you for the update!!!